Sunday 18 March 2012

Preliminary project.

Before I started the preliminary project I had never used Photoshop before so I had to learn how to use the program as I was going along which was quite hard and took a while to get used too, I had some help using it for the first time off friends and teachers as I had no idea how to use it.
Firstly we took pictures around the college to use for the preliminary magazines, which had to be a medium close-up. I took several photo's of Liz and decided that this one would be a good choice as one of my main headlines was going to be 'Girl gets in to Oxford with her straight A* exam results'; so as she looks quite happy on the photo I thought this one would be appropriate.
The main colour scheme of the magazine is blue, black and white, this is because I associate these colours with the college and also because they go quite well together aswell. I named the magazine 'Winstanley Weekly' because its simple and makes it obvious to the reader as to what the magazine is going to be about, also as it is only the preliminary project I wanted to name it something simple because it was just to show that we could use the programme and make a simple magazine cover.
On the cover I used a simple font called 'Georgia', I didnt want to use a font that was too complicated as in my opinion I think a simple font looks better and is easier to read, most magazine covers just use simple fonts also, because they can be made to stand out and are eye catching. I used different coloured fonts and used the italics tool. Also I added a bar code at the bottom off the page, I used a photo off google images for this. At the top and bottom of the page I added black borders.I also made a contents page to go with the front cover, I just did it in blocks to show the layout that I would have used if I'd have filled it all in.
The photo on this page was also taken at college and is the same girl as on the cover of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment