Sunday 18 March 2012

Cover photoshoot.

For the cover photograph of my magazine I photographed my friend, Scarlett. 
I chose to photograph her because I think she is very photogenic and she matches the look that I want for my magazine. She has a natural hair colour and complexion. She also looks young and innocent, and also has a 'fresh' look about her, which is the look I want for my magazine. I don't want her to look provocative, like the images on most music magazine covers, I just want a sweet, innocent sort of look.
Here are a few examples of my photographs that I could use for my cover photo..







I have edited these photographs to make them brighter just by changing the brightness and the contrast of the pictures.
I made sure that my cover photo shoot was done in a studio with a white background so that I didn't have to edit the background out. With the white background I can keep the photo original without having to edit around the edge of my model giving the photo a 'rugged' edge look around her. With a white background I can easily add in text on my front cover that will stand out and attract the audience to my magazine.



This is the image that I will be using for the cover of my magazine, I have chosen this one because my model looks really natural and I like the colour of her hair. I am going to edit the photograph to my it brighter so that my front cover with stand out.
I might have to crop the photograph a little bit, as I am going to have the image aligned slightly to the right so that I can have text on the left hand side of my cover. I think I would be able to do that with any of my pictures, out of the photographs above, but I have decided on my favourite photograph.

For the photoshoot Scarlett wore a denim gilet which I think goes really well with the colour of her hair, she also wore a black leather jacket on a few of the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment